|Working Experience||2 years|
|Education Level||First Degree|
|Application Deadline||May 25, 2018|
|Industry||Banking/Inves - Accounting/Au|
The Company is an Asset Management firm which also provides investment advisory services.
Assist in the maintenance and improvement of systems applications
- Coordinate with data/operational teams to ensure data/methodology/operations are in place to support products and fund analysis requirements
- Report any system issues to CTO for process improvements
- Perform a variety of daily, monthly and periodic functions relating to accounting and record keeping
- Prepare cash reconciliation between parties (i.e. Administrators, Trustees, Custodians, Portfolio Managers); research and resolve discrepancies.
- Report cash availability to Chief Investment Officer to ensure minimum idle cash
- Compile monthly Portfolio Valuation Report (PVR) for clients
- Compile reports regarding portfolio turnover and other relevant information for use by management and regulatory documentation requirements
- Work with portfolio managers and other parties as required to provide accounting specific support and analysis. SUFFICES
- Assist in the pricing of funds
- Liaise with custodians, trustees , brokers and issuers to ensure accuracy of fund reporting
- Calculate and report on Net Asset Values (NAVs) for funds on a daily basis and provision of reports to interested parties on a regular basis
- Efficiently keep the Asset Management Software (AMS) up to date
- Monitor and record security transactions including trade, interest payments, maturities, and corporate actions (i.e. a stock splitting)
- Complete variance analyses of stock prices over time and research, typically by utilizing tools such as Bloomberg terminals
- Receive, research and verify security transactions, including dividend and capital stock transactions, T-bill accrual/yield
- Enter data related to transactions which need to be recorded in the system (e.g., all cash deposits, interest and dividend payments, fee payments (including manual entries))
- Compile portfolio cost (i.e., the cost to administer the fund), also known as a management-expense ratio
- Reconcile the NAV analysis to the fund’s general ledger/journal system
Benefits are competitive and attractive.
|Required Skills or Experience||
- Must possess a minimum of two years of relevant experience in a related firm.
- A minimum of first degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, or a related field. A certificate in the Ghana Stock Exchange course is a requirement.
|Key Skills & Competence||
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to maintain and develop relationships.
- Possess a high level of attention to detail and the ability to multitask in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Possess working knowledge in asset management, good business understanding, problem-solving skills, and business intuition and sales skills.
- Demonstrate high computer literacy skills
|How to Apply|