|Company||Ghana HR Solu|
|Working Experience||5 years|
|Application Deadline||May 24, 2018|
|Industry||Manufacturing - Operations|
|Salary Range||Not Specified|
Our client, an international cement manufacturing company is currently seeking to hire an efficient and proactive
|Production Manager||to support their operations in Ghana.
Successful candidate will lead and manage the production team to provide solutions in order to ensure that the defined quantity of finished and semi-finished product is ready for delivery on time, within the specified quality and budgeted costs
He/She will undertake actions to improve production performance
|DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES||
- Guarantee and enhance compliance with OH&S policies and standards for shift team.
- Demonstrate strong H&S leadership to develop safety culture among shift team.
- Identify and tackle specific actions to ensure health and safety prevention during production activities
- Manage and improve the performance of the shift teams ensuring competencies and skills development.
- Contribute to the succession plan.
- Identity and prepare potential successors.
- Plan and organize production output to meet product quantities, within the quality requirements, according to budget and considering AFR /TSR
- Organize and manage shifts of production staff.
- Coordinate with plant stakeholders to plan maintenance activities to fulfill market requests.
- Monitor equipment performance in order to reach, or exceed production targets, and to achieve quality and environmental standards.
- In collaboration with relevant functions (Maintenance, Process, Quality …) define and implement actions to improve operations performance.
- Manage execution of third parties under its responsibility (e.g. Housekeeping, handling, refractory works)
- Monitor raw materials reserves (if there is no quarry manger)
- Forecast volumes in cooperation with Sales, Logistics and Quality.
- Develop the plant budget and plant development plan with the team
- Manage the monthly budget with the Plant manager and bring back the outcomes to the team to ensure to meet the yearly budget.
- Identify and communicate operational bottlenecks, provide technical requirements and follow-up technical execution.
- Communicate and implement regulations, company goals, local permits, policies and procedures. Optimize the internal processes and structures.
- Supervise personnel to apply them consistently and ensure ISO compliance for related activities.
- Other duties as assigned
|Required Skills or Experience||
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Management or Electrical/Mechanical Engineering
- Master degree in Business Management, or Electrical/Mechanical Engineering is an added advantage
- Minimum 5 years of production management experience.
- planning and organizational skills to be able run and monitor the production process
- Ability to act decisively and solve staff or equipment-related problems;
- ICT literacy to deal with various technologies and programs;
- Attention to detail to ensure high levels of quality
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to communicate clearly and persuasively with your team, managers and clients;
- Ability to work under pressure and motivate others to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work in a logical and systematic manner.
- usually require a bachelor’s degree – business administration, management, engineering, industrial technology
- Time management skills
- Conflict management skills
- knowledge and experience in production and manufacturing processes and techniques
- knowledge of cement production raw materials
- knowledge of quality systems and standards
- knowledge of health and safety standards and compliance
- knowledge of process improvement techniques
- knowledge of business, finance and management principles
- knowledge of machinery and tools
- knowledge of engineering and technology principles and practices
|How to Apply|