|Education Level||Secondary Sch|
|Application Deadline||May 18, 2018|
|Industry||Medical Servi - Medical/Pharm|
A reputable fast growing NGO into Primary Health provision in Greater Accra, Central, Western Regions and Ashanti Region is looking for result-oriented
|MIDWIFE||for immediate employment.
To assess, plan, implement and evaluate midwifery care.
|Main Duties and Responsibilities||
- Assist with the organization and delivery of antenatal care to clients.
- Perform physical examination on pregnant woman
- Conduct abdominal examination assess fetal heart
- Perform new born assessment
- Perform both invasive and non-invasive family planning methods
- Provide health education for ANC clients and adhere to clinic protocols.
- Contribute to the provision of key services during the antenatal period to improve health outcome for clients (i.e. IPT, PMTCT, IMPAC prevention and control of anemia, urinalysis, Hb level estimation).
- Provide counseling to clients on birth preparedness and complication readiness.
- Conduct spontaneous vaginal deliveries for clients.
- Provide education for clients on a range of relevant topics including minor ailments during pregnancy/labour/puerperium and their management, personal hygiene, breastfeeding, nutrition etc.
- Plan and coordinate activities in readiness for women in labour
- Assess and screen patients as they report at the ward
- Monitor patients, anticipate and recognize deviations from normal infant deliveries and carry out laid down procedures to safeguard the well-being of mothers and babies such as resuscitation of newborns, treatment of hemorrhage and shock, fetal distress, prolapsed cord, and other life threatening conditions.
- Assist with the organization and delivery of postnatal care to clients.
- Inspect lochia and perform oral and vulva toileting.
- Assist with the organization and conduct of prenatal classes for expectant parents to help ensure safe pregnancy, childbirth and puerperium.
- Assist mothers to initiate infant feeding following delivery
- Assist with the management of breastfeeding problems.
- Undertake and demonstrate nursing tasks in the best interest of patient care and professional standards..
- Maintain a safe and therapeutic environment for patient care
- Participate in ward rounds
- Document nursing care activities in the unit/ward
- Carry out other official duties assigned by the Ward Manager/Unit In-Charge
Salary: Negotiable but very attractive
|Required Skills or Experience||
- Must be a professional Midwife from recognized accredited training institution
- Must be a member of the GNMC with active PIN
- Computer skills in Outlook, Word, and Excel are required.
- Any additional Qualification preferred but not required
- Should not be more than 65years
|How to Apply|