Regional News of 2014-01-14

Four injured in gas explosion

About four students of the Nyaneba Health Assistant Training School in Tema are currently on admission at the Tema General Hospital after a gas explosion at the school.
The five, according to reports, were badly burnt in the explosion which happened last night.
An eyewitness who helped in taking some of the injured students to the hospital told Citi News that the timely intervention by the Ghana Fire Service helped the situation.
Narrating the incident, he noted that “I was in my house, which is adjacent to the Nursing training school when I heard a voice over there screaming help me, help me! So I quickly went for a fire extinguisher and rushed to the building.”
Meanwhile, the Ghana National Fire Service has launched investigations into the fire.
According to the Chief Metro Fire Officer at the Tema Metropolis, William Abeka, three people were immediately rushed to the hospital while the other injured person who was later discovered after a roll call was also rushed to the hospital later.
Source: citifmonline.com
« Previous | Next »
View Comments
Sponsor Links
News Categories
Site Menu