General News of 2014-06-23

Five perish in fire disaster in Kumasi

39-year-old Daniel Baafi, his wife Akua Ahema 35 and all three children were burnt to death when the house in which they were sleeping, caught fire Monday dawn at Trede in the Ashanti region capital of Kumasi.
The single room in which they lived, behind the Champion Oil filling station, burst into flames when the live electrical wires fell onto the roof, burning through it and the ceiling before falling on the occupants of the house, trapping and killing all, including a one and half year old.
Eyewitnesses told Nhyira FM's Akosua Adai Munukum that all the bodies of the victims except the toddler were burnt beyond recognition.
Neighbours indicated that Baafi had earlier reported experiencing power fluctuations, causing his bulbs and other electrical appliances to blow out frequently.
Personnel of the fire service as well as the police are at the scene as investigations begin, Akosua reported.
Source: myjoyonline.com
« Previous | Next »
View Comments
Sponsor Links
News Categories
Site Menu