All 14 food poisoned UDS medical students discharged
All the 14 medical students of the University for Development Studies (UDS) at the Tamale City campus who were admitted at the Tamale Teaching hospital for suspected food poisoning have been discharged.
They were immediately rushed to the hospital after eating doughnuts at a colleague’s birthday party.
Investigations conducted by the Food and Drugs Authority revealed that contaminated moringa substances were added to the floor used to prepare the doughnuts.
Public Relations Officer of the Tamale Teaching Hospital, Nii Ankrah Ottu, told Citi News they were declared fit after undergoing treatment.
“After review, they were all declared medically fit and all of them have been discharged and gone back to their hostels.”
Nii Ankrah said the hospital authorities were awaiting reports from the Food and Drugs Authority and the Police.