Click to read all about coronavirus →
According to him, Bullet gave him GHC2,000 out of an alleged GHC40,000 of profit made from Ebony’s Memorial Concert held earlier this year.
Mr. Opoku Kwarteng said he got wind of the forty thousand cedis Bullet received but was disappointed that Bullet only handed him two thousand cedis.
According to him, he was only expecting Bullet to be honest in accounting to him, and it is not as if he Kwarteng want to make money off his daughter’s death because he had his own money.
According to him, he was only expecting Bullet to be honest in accounting to him, and it is not as if he Kwarteng want to make money off his daughter’s death because he had his own oney.
But it seems Bullet is hurt by Mr. Opoku-Kwarteng’s claim and has called him a greedy man.
In a Facebook post sighted by YEN.com.gh, Bullet said he now understands why some music groups and musicians did not prosper in the industry.
According to him, it is greed on the part of their family members that caused them to fade away quickly in the industry. He went on to explain that not all the money an artiste makes from the show belong to the artiste.
Bullet added that management also has a percentage because they care and provide for the artiste in terms of costume, branding, promotion, videos, and many others.
Not long after this post, Bullet posted a press statement announcing that his outfit had left all the unreleased tracks of Ebony to the family and severed all ties with him.
Accompanying the press release was another lengthy post which listed monies Bullet claims Ebony's father has received since the death of the Dancehall star.
"MONEY MONEY MONEY
1. I went round looking for funds to support the funeral bola ray is my witness. all the money they donated you took all and didn’t even say thank you bullet(remember these are ppl you don’t know from anywhere but my own ppl who wanted to support cos of me
2. There was a cloth deal and you wanted more percentage so I gave you 10percent of my share. you didn’t say thank you
3. Vgma award money I was entitled to my percentage but I gave all to you, you didn’t say thank you
4. Ohio tribute concert I didn’t take my percentage I gave all to you, still, you didn’t say thank
5. The funeral I spent over 5000 cedis being payment of bandsmen. you didn’t say thank you and I didn’t even ask you to give it back to me from all the cash ppl donated cos I was doing for ohemaa
6. Tribute concert you brought your men to check the gate proceeds, whatever we made was counted by the bank in presence of your men,kasapreko and rufftown.everything was transparent so why come attack me?
7. I wrote and own 95 percent of ebony’s album.by law ebony is suppose to earn between 10-20 percent royalties but I gave her 40percent
8. Few weeks ago you received 9300 us dollars from online royalties and you still going round saying bullet is cheating when i hv given u 40percent of my own right instead of 10 or 20percent?
9. You have sidelined Midas touch my partners but they will soon come and talk! NOW YOU CAN TAKE EVERYTHING," he posted.
Ebony, before her unfortunate demise in February this year, was under the management of RuffTown Records owned by Bullet.
Within two years, she had taken over the music industry and her success was tied to Bullet.
Unfortunately after her death, her father, Mr. Opoku Kwarteng, has leveled all kinds of accusations and allegations against Bullet.
In an earlier report by YEN.com.gh, Ebony’s father also accused Bullet of killing Ebony.
Send your news stories to and via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.