MyNewsGh.com has obtained a full complement of senior staff of troubled University of Education Winneba (UEW) who have been sacked under the watch of the current Vice-Chancellor, Reverend Father Prof Anthony Afful-Broni.
There are fears more persons could be fired in the ensuing days as the clergyman is said to be embarking on what many have described as a house cleaning exercise to take out persons who are opposed to his style of leadership.
According to the University Teachers Association of Ghana (UTAG), over 30 different categories of staff including senior lecturers of the University of Winneba have been “sacked, suspended and demoted arbitrarily” for various reasons.
UTAG argued Prof Afful-Broni was at his investiture tasked to resolve the longstanding impasse between the university and some staff of the university, some of who took legal action against the university over some of its decisions.
Find list below;
1. Prof. Mawutor Avoke – sacked
2. Dr. Theophilus Senyo Ackorlie – sacked
3. Mr. Frank Owusu Boateng – sacked
4. Mr. Daniel Tetteh – sacked
5. Ms. Mary Dzima – sacked
6. Mr. Agbeshie Epiphany – demoted and suspended
7. Dr. Bekoe – sacked
8. Ms. Shine L. G. Agbevivi – sacked
9. Mr. Kenneth Mango – sacked
10. Mr. David Adzahoe – sacked
11. Mr. Dennis Afriyie Osei Marfo – sacked
12. Mr. Enoch Ebenezer Bondzie – sacked
13. Mr. Charles Edem Bedzra – demoted and suspended
14. Mr. Francis Mawuli Amorni – demoted and suspended
15. Prof. Avea Nsoh – sacked
16. Dr. Duku Frimpong – sacked
17. Dr. Sarpong – sacked
18. Dr. Samuel Atintonu – sacked
19. Sena Deke- sacked