All sporting activities in the country including the Ghana Premier League are on hold following the ban on public gatherings.
However, some clubs in the GPL have taken different decisions to close training and break camp or continue trainings.
GhanaWeb brings you a rundown of how all the eighteen premier league clubs are dealing with the coronavirus.
The Dormaa-based club has released its players for two weeks with all players given specific training and hygienic rules to follow whiles on break.
Their PRO says the club will continue to monitor the players while they are on break and ensure that they remain fit when the league resumes.
The players are due to return on April 3 with the hope that the coronavirus pandemic will be over.
Just like Aduana Stars, Kotoko are also on a two-week break with all players sent home to observe the social distancing at home.
Prior to the break, the entire playing body and technical staff underwent Covid-19 tests.
While observing the ‘holiday’, the club has told the players to use their social media pages to sensitize their fans about preventive measures announced by the Ghana Health Service.
Ashgold players have been given seven days to go home, relax and recharge for the remainder of the season.
The club are in hunt for the league and are placed sixth on the log with just three points separating them and first-placed Aduana Stars.
Players and staff of Chelsea have been handed a 14-day break following the suspension of the league. They are placed second on the league log with twenty-five points.
Unconfirmed sources say prior to breaking camp, players were educated on the virus and urged to strictly adhere to the safety rules approved by the authorities.
Bechem United will not break camp according to their CEO, Nana Kwesi Darlington.
The experienced administrator says the players are more protected in the team’s camp than being outside where he reckons they are exposed to the outside world.
He said tests and other essentials needed to protect the players are being done.
“What if we allow the players to go home and they get infected by the disease? So we intend to keep them here in camp. Plans have been put in place for the players to be tested to ensure they are safe whilst in camp".
Players of Dreams FC are enjoying a two-week break following the suspension of the league.
They have had a topsy-turvy season so far and their handlers will be eyeing a strong comeback.
Dwarfs were the first club to announce a no break for the players.
Head coach Ernest Thompson says the break presents them an opportunity to work on their weaknesses and hope for a turnaround when the league resumes.
The start to the season has been a disappointing one for the Crabs and they will use the brief break to strengthen their side.
The Fearsome Sharks have garnered twenty-five points from the first fifteen matches and were in good shape before the suspension of the league.
Wonders are one of the clubs who are not letting go their players during the break.
Their trainer Ignatius Osei-Fosu said the team will be training normally during the break.
"The team will not be breaking camp. Don’t forget that I took the team very late in the season. So there were some basic things I could not do.
"So we want to take this opportunity [suspension of the league] and stay in camp so that we can fix the little problems of players knowing each other very well and the incoming players to integrate very fast and blend with the team" the former Liberty Professionals coach old Kumasi-based Y-FM.
Olympics have been training since the break but following a directive by the Ghana Football Association for all clubs to halt training, they are considering breaking camp.
A source close to the club tells us that following the order, they will be on break until the ban on public gathering is lifted.
Hearts of Oak
Hearts were on the road to play King Faisal when the President issued a directive for all public gatherings to cease.
The Phobians after returning from the trip have been training amid protest from the players who fear they might be infected.
The PRO of the club says they are considering a flexible training programme that allows the players to work in groups of four or five.
A break is on the card now after the FA’s order.
Coach Tony Lokko says his charges are on indefinite break.
He says a date for a return will be communicated when the FA and government lift the ban on public gathering.
“We have break camp but I can’t give you the exact day or time we will be resuming due to the suspension of football”, assistant coach for Inter Allies, Tony Lokko said in an interview with footballghana.com.
Karela was one of the first teams to allow their players to leave camp after the declaration by the FA. It has been a difficult season so far for the club and the break comes as refreshing news for them.
Reports indicate coach Eno Adepa has been fired and is set to be replaced by Bashir Hayford.
They have also said they will augment their squad with more players.
Players of King Faisal will be given a week-break from tomorrow, the club’s deputy spokesperson has told GhanaWeb.
He tells us the club has been training since the plug on the league was pulled but the team will give the players some days off from tomorrow.
Alhaji Grusah’s side are having a difficult campaign. They currently lie bottom of the log.
Liberty Professionals have suspended all forms of training in line with the order.
Players of the Dansoman-based club are currently enjoying individual training at their respective homes.
The club says any decision on the return date will be communicated when fit.
Legon Cities players are still in camp and training. The club has been vocal on social media on the preventive steps Ghanaians must adopt but interestingly a post on their handle says they are still holding training sessions.
The club also says it will embark on a sensitization in various trotros as part of a CSR.
Medeama suffered a six-point deduction after the FA found them culpable of fielding an unqualified player in their match against Great Olympics.
They have given their players one week off from training and encouraged them to respect and follow all laid down measures for the prevention of the coronavirus.
The Academy Boys are also a on a two-week break. A special fitness and safety programe was designed for the players before they went on break
Send your news stories to and via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.