0
Boxing News Thu, 10 Jan 2019

We’ll make Allotey, Lartey world champions - Cabic boss

The?Chief Executive Officer of Cabic Promotions and Management, Mr Ivan Bruce Cudjoe, is confident that his promotional outfit will produce a world boxing champion by the end of this year.

His boxing stable boasts World Boxing Organisation (WBO) Africa champions — super welterweight Patrick Allotey and heavyweight Richard Nii Harrison Lartey — who are steadily climbing up the world ratings and could position themselves for world title shots before the year ends.

Allotey is currently rated 12th by the WBO while Harrison was ranked 14th by the world body as of December 24, last year when they last fought.

Allotey successfully defended his WBO Africa title for the second time after defeating Sheffif Kasongo of DR Congo with a unanimous points decision at the Bukom Boxing Arena on December 24 last year, having earlier won against Namibian Badru Lusambya last August.

On the same night, Lartey also successfully defended his title with a 10th round technical knockout (TKO) victory against his Kenyan counterpart, Morris Okola.

Mr Cudjoe told the Daily Graphic that he expected Allotey to improve further on the world ratings to the eighth or ninth position, which would enable him to fight against either Erislandy Lara or Patrick Teixeira who are rated fifth and sixth respectively.

Richard Nii Harrison Lartey

For Harrison, there is a chance to fight sixth-rated Japanese Kyotaro Fujimoto or Tyrone Spong, ranked seventh by the WBO. That, he said, would help improve the chances of his boxers fighting for a world title.

Allotey, 28, is also looking into the future with great expectations as he eyes a world title.

“I am very determined to be a world champion.

I am training hard so that I do not lose any fight and this will help me get a world title shot soon,” said the boxer whose record stands at 40 wins with three defeats.

The Cabic boss expects his boxers to be busy this year as they work tirelessly to fulfil their world title dreams.

He explained that both boxers would defend their titles in the first quarter of the year to improve their ratings, including foreign boxers from Europe or other African countries to prepare the Ghanaian duo for possible world title shots.

“We at Cabic Promotions have promised Ghanaians a world title and we are eager to deliver on that.

I am very happy that Patrick and Richard have not lost focus and are working hard for a world title.

Ghana is a boxing nation, but we have only nine former world champions. We need more world champions.

It is unfortunate Isaac Dogboe lost his title, but we will try and regain another one,” Mr Cudjoe stated.

Source: Graphic.com.gh