Children die after cassava consumption in Moxico province, Angola

Mon, 14 Jun 2021 Source: angop.ao

▶ Click Here for Full AFCON Coverage ◀

Two brothers died after consuming manioc, allegedly poisoned, in a field in the 11 de Novembro neighbourhood, on the outskirts of the city of Luena, in Moxico, Angola.

According to the father of the victims, Lázaro Eurico, who was speaking to the press today, Monday, June 14, despite vomiting after consuming the roasted cassava, the two children ended up dying on the spot.

In addition to these members, two more children from the same neighbourhood were transported to the Hospital Geral do Moxico (HGM), where they are receiving medical assistance due to consumption of the aforementioned tuber.

By the way, the district's mayor, Francisco Samuel, discouraged the population from consuming the aforementioned cassava, in order to avoid similar consequences.

Families have already received support with food items and urns for the funeral.

Source: angop.ao