Ghana has recorded its single highest infection in a day with 992 new cases and 7 deaths, according to the Ghana Health Service.
The new updates bring Ghana’s confirmed coronavirus cases to 21,077 with 4,878 active cases. According to the Ghana Health Service, 16,070 more people have recovered/discharged as at 3rd July 2020.
The death toll however has risen to 129 with 7 recorded deaths.
Details of the new deaths are as follows:
1. An 83 year old female with Diabetes and Hypertension in the Ashanti Region.
2. 62 year old Male with Hypertension and diabetes in the Central Region.
3. Another 83 year old female in the Ashanti Region with no co-morbidity has also succumbed to the disease.
4. Also in the Central Region is a 56 diabetic female who has died.
5. A 39 year old hypertensive Male in the Ashanti Regionhas passed on.
6. The deceased also include a 63 year old female with Right Breast cancer in the Ashanti Region.
7. Another Ashanti region death case which involves a 75 year old man with Diabetes.
Check the regional breakdown below:
Greater Accra Region – 11,508
Ashanti Region - 4,534
Western Region - 1,846
Central Region - 992
Eastern Region - 835
Volta Region - 369
Upper East Region - 278
Northern Region - 137
Bono East Region - 139
Western North Region - 154
Oti Region - 112
Upper West Region - 55
Savannah Region - 46
Ahafo Region - 26
Bono Region - 38
North East Region - 8