The Akufo-Addo led government is delivering on its mandate according to the Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta.
He said, even though, “we are not there yet…we have eased the impact of the hardship”
Mr Ofori-Atta made this known while presenting the 2019 budget statement in Parliament, Thursday.
Wearing his usual all white attire, the Finance Minister gave a long list of problems fixed and interventions made by the Akufo-Addo-led government, indicating that “the nation is moving forward in the right direction”
Some of the problems fixed according to the Finance Minister include:
- A change in management of the economy from incompetence to competence
- Change from micro instability to stability
- Reduction in electricity tariffs
- Reduction in GDP ratio
- Change in dumsor to reliable power
- Change of Cash and carry system to a functioning NHIS system
- Reduction in graduate unemployment through the introduction of government initiatives and interventions.
Meanwhile, the theme for the 2019 budget is "A stronger economy for jobs and prosperity; the third of the Akufo-Addo government"