General News of Sun, 21 Jan 201867
Police hunt run-away suspects in Kwabenya Police attack
The Accra Regional Police Command is on the look-out for some seven suspects who were released during an attack by some robbers at the Kwabenya Police cells Sunday 21st January 2018.
The robbers attacked personnel at the police station at dawn, released all seven suspects who were in police custody and shot one officer on duty in the process.
Greater Accra Regional Police Public Relations Officer, ASP Efia Tenge, following the development revealed in a statement the identity of the suspects; six of them were Ghanaian and one a Nigerian.
The statement further indicated that a search has begun to find the escapees who are between the ages of 20 and 34, as well as persons involved in the attack.
“The Accra Regional Police Command is on a manhunt for seven (7) suspects who escaped from the Kwabenya Police cells this dawn, Sunday 21st January 2018 together with some armed men who facilitated their escape.
In the process, one Police officer sustained gunshot wounds but unfortunately passed on whilst receiving treatment at the 37 Military Hospital,” the statement said.
The identity of the deceased cop is still unknown.
List of escapees
1. Dickson Ofori was arrested for robbery
2. Chibuzor Akwabu was arrested for robbery and on court remand
3. Edem Rockson was remanded for stealing
4. Prince Osei was arrested for possessing firearms without authority and was arrested together with suspect Kofi Darko
5. Emmanuel Kotey
6. Kofi Darko was arrested on 19/01/2018 for possessing firearms without authority
7. Attah Kwadwo