The office of the President on Monday, July 23, 2018, announced the nomination of four (4) top officials for the Electoral Commission (EC).
The nominations became necessary after the former EC boss, Charlotte Osei and two of her deputies, Ahmadu Sulley and Georgina Opoku-Amankwah as well as the retirement of Pauline Dadzawa, a member of the commission.
The nominations include the Executive Director of the Institute of Economic Affairs, Jean Adukwei Mensa as Chairperson.
Here are 10 things to know about Jean Mensa.
1. Executive Director of Institute of Economic Affairs (IEA)
2. Lawyer with experience in policy research and advocacy
3. Served as Commissioner of Government’s Constitution Review Commission
4. Worked on Government Committee on Affirmative Action Bill
5. Worked on Presidential Transition Act of 2012
6. Advocated for review of Ghana’s 1992 Constitution
7. Coordinator of Ghana Political Parties’ Programme
8. Contributed to the revision of Political Parties’ Bill
9. Contributed to the revision of Political Parties’ Funding Bill
10. Old student of St. Mary’s Senior High School