Anas, Kweku Baako bury murdered partner

Video Archive
Fri, 18 Jan 2019 Source: www.ghanaweb.com

His pain and trauma perhaps buried behind the mask, Ace Investigative Journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas, together with his mentor, Abdul Malik Kweku Baako, paid their last respects to their confidant and team member, Ahmed Hussein-Suale, before ushering him into rest.

Attired in a ‘jalabia’ with a white mask, Anas joined the Muslim community at the Kuwait Islamic Central Mosque in Madina to offer Jumu'ah prayers for his deceased partner.

Ahmed’s mortal remains, wrapped neatly in a white cloth, was conveyed to the mosque where verses from the Holy Qur’an were recited and final prayers were led by Chief Imam of Madina, Sheik Imam Abdallah.

The team subsequently went to the Madina Islamic Cemetery where the final remains of Mr. Hussein-Suala was laid to rest.

Anas and Kweku Baako joined several other Muslims at the graveyard where the final rites were performed, after which Ahmed was bid farewell.

Widows of Ahmed however were not present for the final funeral rites as women from the Muslim faith commonly do not attend the funeral of their spouse.

Per Islamic customs also; the Shariah law, a Muslim fellow is buried within 24 hours after their death. Ahmed’s case however was slightly different as explained by the Family spokesperson.

According to Alhassan Unus who represents the family, the police requested that his body be kept in the morgue till due procedure is followed before burial.

Ahmed’s death

Ahmed Hussein-Suale, a key member of Anas Aremeyaw Anas’ Tiger Eye Private Investigations (PI) Team was murdered in cold blood by unidentified assailants.

Two men on a motorbike shot and killed him while he was driving home late Wednesday at Madina, a suburb of Accra.

The 31-year-old received three gunshots, two in the chest and another in the neck, according to the police. The incident reportedly happened very close to his house.

The late Ahmed, an undercover investigator, was instrumental in the production of Anas’ Number 12 investigative piece that rocked the country and led to the resignation of the President of the Ghana Football Association (GFA) Kwesi Nyantakyi and other football officials.

He left behind two widows, and eight children; four biological and four adopted including two 1-year-olds.


There’s been public outrage since the incident with many parties calling for the IGP and the police service to take action and bring the perpetrators to book.

Government, through the Ministry of Information, condemned the gruesome murder and urged police to ‘speed up’ investigations into the case.

President Akufo-Addo, Former President John Mahama, the NDC and GJA have also condemned the act and called for swift justice to be carried out.

Meanwhile, the Criminal Investigations Department invited and questioned Member of Parliament for Assin Central, Kennedy Agyapong following the incident.

The police also has assured the public that it is diligently pursuing the case and will ensure justice prevails.

Source: www.ghanaweb.com
Related Articles: