Central Region: Akufo-Addo Descends On Your 459,004 Votes
By Margaret Jackson
August 18, 2013
Mischievous people normally adopt various diabolical strategies until they achieve their evil desires. Otherwise, you will never have heard the buzzword, “We must win the 2012 Elections at all cost.”
We have less than two weeks before the determination of the Supreme Court (SC) petition case initiated by the sore loser of the 2012 Presidential Election, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo and his two compatriots, Dr Mahamadu Bawumia, his running mate and Jake Okanta Obetsebi Lamptey, NPP’s National Chairman.
But it would not be out of place to place on record what Nana Akufo-Addo is seeking to do to hurt some voters in the Central Region. To Nana Akufo-Addo, there are 459,004 voters in Central Region who do not matter. To Akufo-Addo, those men and women who went to the polls on December 7 and 8, 2012 to cast their votes to elect the president of the country are nothing more than nothing.
That is why he has asked the SC to throw away the 459,004 votes cast in the Central Region so that he will have his way of becoming the next president of the land.
Central Region has 23 constituencies and 2,199 polling stations. Akufo-Addo is in court challenging the results of 1,106 of the polling stations, which represents a whopping 50.3%.
Out of the 1,106 polling stations being challenged, President John Mahama won 953 (86.2%) leaving only 153 won by Nana Akufo-Addo (13.8%). When you look at the detailed analysis you could deduce that in the Central Region, Mfantseman Constituency will suffer the most if the SC throws away the votes Akufo-Addo is contesting in court. Mfantseman Constituency has 152 polling stations with 105 (69.1%) being challenged by Akufo-Addo.
President Mahama won 94 of the polling stations in the Mfantseman Constituency with Akufo-Addo winning just 11. The total number of votes in the Mfantseman Constituency which Akufo-Addo is determined to see thrown away is around 44,823, which represents 9.8% of the total votes Akufo-Addo wants to be nullified in the Central Region.
This huge number of votes in the Mfantseman Constituency that Akufo-Addo wants to be thrown away is even more than the votes in the Bia West Constituency in the Western Region (39,486) that he also wants the SC to throw away to satisfy his desire to taste the presidency at all cost.
I would like the 459,004 people of Central Region whose valid votes are under Akufo-Addo’s threat to deduce for themselves whether it is fair that they went to the polls on the two days of voting, did everything that was required of them, and now we have Akufo-Addo who was not at any of the polling stations in the Central Region, now descending on their valid votes and declaring them illegal, irregular or nothing worthy to be considered by the SC.
This is the act of the man, Nana Akufo-Addo, who pretends to care so much about Ghana and therefore, wants to rule the people of Ghana at all cost. Why does Akufo-Addo pretend to care so much about the citizens of the country, when he does not care about the votes of 459,004 people in the Central Region?