My daughter's killers must not go unpunished - Takoradi girl's father

Alex Kurankye8 Alexander Kuranchie

Thu, 3 Oct 2019 Source: mynewsgh.com

Father of one of the four Takoradi kidnapped girls who were recently confirmed dead through DNA result has said the killers of her daughter must not go unpunished.

Alexander Kuranchie, father of Priscilla Mantebea Kuranchie, in an exclusive interview with MyNewsGh.com, said he accepts what has been put out by the police, revealing that he lost hope after the dress of his ward was found in the home of the chief mastermind.

He is, however, demanding that the perpetrators face the full rigours of the law so that other girls will not fall victim to their murderous activities.

“Those behind her death must not be left off the hook. I thank the police for arresting them and I am praying that they deal with them to serve as a deterrent to others,” he said.

While indicating his readiness to take the remains of his daughter for burial, he appealed to those trying to use the issue in pursuit of a clandestine agenda not to make him their target, mounting a spirited defence for the Director-General of the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), COP Maame Yaa Tiwaa Addo-Danquah.

“She has always been in touch, sent me money for my upkeep and the brother of the deceased. She gave us encouragement when we were down as though we were her family. We usually prayed together not forgetting the countless personal visits. I do not think it is right for people to want to use us in settling personal scores,” he revealed.

Nineteen-year-old Ruth Abekah went missing at Diabene on July 2, 2018; Priscilla Blessing, 21, went missing at Kansaworodo on August 17, 2018 and Ruthlove Quayson, 18, on December 4, 2018, at Butumagyebu Junction.

Priscilla Mantebea Koranchie, 18, went missing on December 21, 2018 at Nkroful.

So far three persons have been arrested, including Chief mastermind of the act, Samuel Udoetuk-Wills, a Nigerian was jailed recently but is still facing other charges before a Sekondi High Court after he escaped from jail in December 2018 following his first arrest.

John Oji was the second to have been arrested and the last is Chika, who was alleged to have played a key role in the whole crime and arrived in Koforidua on July 29, 2019.

Source: mynewsgh.com
Related Articles: