President-elect Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has named Brigadier General Emmanuel Okyere as his National Security Advisor.
Former director at the Bureau of National Investigations Joshua Kyeremeh has also been announced as the National Security coordinator for the incoming government.
The announcements were made at the Nima residence of the President-elect Wednesday afternoon.
Brigadier General Emmanuel Okyere is a military engineer and holds an Executive Master’s Degree in Governance and Leadership from GIMPA. He’s also a graduate of the Ghana Military Academy, has a solid military background, having done almost 40 years of distinguished service with the colours.
He served in various capacities in both the military and local government. He served as the Metropolitan Chief Executive of the Kumasi Metropolitan Assembly from 1995 to 1996; and from 2006 to 2010, he was the General Officer Commanding the Southern Command.
Akufo-Addo has also appointed former Interior Minister during the erstwhile Kufuor administration Albert Kan Dapaah as the Minister designate for the National Security.
Mr. Kan Dapaah will have to be vetted by Parliament before he can start his duties.
Other appointees named by the President-elect include;
• Chief of Staff – Frema Osei Opare
• Secretary to the president – Nana Asante Bediatuo
• Frances Asenso Boakye – Deputy chief of staff
• Samuel Abu Jinapor – Deputy chief of staff
• Hassan Ahmed – Director of State Protocol
• Eugene Arhin – Director of Communications
• Lord Commey – Director of Planning/Operations
• Brig. Gen. Emmanuel Okyere – National Security Advisor
• Joshua Kyeremeh (former BNI boss) – National Security Coordinator
• Albert Kan-Dapaah – Minister-designate for National Security