GhanaWeb TV




Asawase Impasse: Muntaka’s opponent threatens lawsuit

Masawudu Mubarick.png Masawudu Mubarick

Mon, 22 Jul 2019 Source:

Disgruntled aspirant in the NDC’s internal Parliamentary Primaries in Asawase, Masawudu Mubarick, says he would exhaust all options available to him both internally and externally including dragging the party to court to seek redress.

“We are following the structures but I cannot let it go down the drain, because if I do that I will be disappointing my followers and a lot of people in the party,” he told host Kweku Owusu Adjei on Anopa Kasapa on Kasapa 102.5 Fm Monday.

He said if the party refuses to respond to his petitions by tomorrow he’ll take the next step available to him for redress.

According to him, he’s largely fighting to protect the Asawase seat and bring new hope to the people insisting he cannot let the matter slide because he holds the interests of his people at heart.

Masawudu Mubarick has petitioned the National Executive Council of the party following the alleged machinations by elements of the party that blocked his chances of filing his nominations.

In a statement issued by Mubarick said: "I have petitioned the National Executives of the party on the injustice meted out to me thus far in this exercise. I urge my followers to remain calm and law-abiding as I exhaust all available means at my disposal for redress.”

“There have been numerous attempts to talk me out of contesting as parliamentary candidate for the Asawase constituency by agents of the incumbent MP, Hon. Muntaka Mubarak but proved futile,” Mubarick noted in his statement, adding” To this end, I am not surprised by the machinations taking place against my candidature.”

This comes after Mubarick’s nomination forms were rejected at the constituency and Regional level pending his alleged suspension.

His nomination was also rejected at the national party headquarters on Friday.

The Functional Executives committee, in a letter after the close of nominations, indicated that aggrieved persons may petition to get their grievances resolved.

Related Articles: