I’m nice, but tough – Frema Osei-Opare
Ghana’s incoming chief of staff Frema Osei-Opare has served notice that although she is a “nice person”, she will be “tough” in executing her job.
President-elect Nana Akufo-Addo confirmed her appointment Wednesday at a press conference alongside other appointees.
“I’m ready for battle,” Osei-Opare told the media after the press conference. “I come with some experience, having managed a department at the University of Ghana and having managed two big programmes in Ghana and have experience as a former MP and worked with Action Aid.”
According to her, she has been working behind the scenes during the 2016 electioneering hence the political terrain is not new to her.
“I’m quite tough and people know I like people to respect systems and processes because we need an office that is effective. I’m nice but tough,” the former lawmaker for Ayawaso West Wugoon constituency in the Greater Accra region opined.
She added: “In terms of development work which is what governance is all about, I come with a lot of skills.
“I have been coordinating Nana’s political affairs and I’m happy for this post. I’m very open and inclusive and motivates those who work with me. I respect intellect and those I work with. I believe in the principle of using human talents to make sure whatever agenda is being executed is concluded to a successful end.”
Mrs. Opare-Osei, who becomes the first female chief of staff under the Fourth Republic, will be assisted by a lawyer Samuel Abu Jinapor, who is brother to the outgoing deputy Power minister, John Jinapor.
Other confirmed appointments:
• Nana Asante Bediatuo – Secretary to the president
• Frances Asenso Boakye – Deputy chief of staff
• Samuel Abu Jinapor – Deputy chief of staff
• Hassan Ahmed – Director of State Protocol
• Eugene Arhin – Director of Communications
• Lord Commey – Director of Planning/Operations
• Brig. Gen. Emmanuel Okyere – National Security advisor
• Joshua Kyeremeh (former BNI boss) – National Security Coordinator
• Albert Kan-Dapaah – Minister-designate for National Security