This blog is managed by the content creator and not GhanaWeb, its affiliates, or employees. Advertising on this blog requires a minimum of GH₵50 a week. Contact the blog owner with any queries.
Wed, 2 Mar 2022 Source: Queen Xorlali
In Legon, most of the hostels on campus are referred to as halls with some of the hostels being converted to halls. In this article, we will be discussing some of the hostels/halls and how to book them.The
University of Ghana, Legon as it is also popularly called, is one of the most popular universities in Accra. It has also been ranked as the biggest university in Ghana.
Each year, Legon admits thousands of students and also accommodation is very important and key. However, we will be looking at hostel accommodation at the University of Ghana and also the process involved in booking a hostel.
Private Hostels In Legon
- Teahers Fund (TF) Hostel
- Haven Hostel
- Jesiward Hostel
- Valco Trust Hostel Phase 2
- Student Hostel
- International Student's Hostel 2
- Prestige Hostel
- International Student Hostel
- Union Hostel
- Aseda Hostel Annex
- Pent Hostel Block B
- Aseda Hostel
- Evandy Hostel
- Bani Hostel
How Many Halls Are In Legon?
The hostels on campus are also referred to as halls. There are 14 halls of residence and also two hostels available to all students in Legon. The University also believes in community living as an essential part of student life.
Thus, provides accommodation in Halls of Residence for under-graduate and also post-graduate students. Below are also some of the hostels and halls.
- Commonwealth Hall
- Akuafo Hall
- African Union Hall
- International Students Hostel
- Legon Hall
- Bani Hall
- Evandy Hall
- Volta Hall
- James Topp Nelson Yanka Hall
- Jean Nelson Aka Hall
- Elizabth Frances Sey Hall
- Jubilee Hall
- Hilla Limann Hall
- Mensah Sarbah Hall
- Alexander Kwanpong Hall
How Do You Book A Hall In Legon?
To register or book a hostel/hall, follow this online procedure.
- Visit the Online Residential Application page on https://ugra.ug.edu.gh/
- Type in your UG Student ID Number and UG 5-digit PIN;
- Then click on “Login” to enter the residential application system.
- Select a Hall of choice and also a room of your choice.
- If successful, print out your Room Allocation Letter and also follow the instructions provided.
Steps for Residential Registration Online - Resident Freshmen Only
- Click on “Residence Registration” under the Student iEnabler.
- Also, click on “Submit Residence Registration”.
- Then click on the year (in blue).
- There will be a display confirming the Hall and Room number.
- Click on “I Accept” to confirm.
- Print the Proof of Residential Registration and keep for your records.
- During the reporting period for Freshmen, indicated in your provisional admission letter, report to the Hall with your receipt of payment and enough copies of your passport photo and proofs of academic and residential registration for further assistance.
- Note that some Halls would require three proofs of residential registration.
Read Also; Top Universities In Ghana 2022
Source: Queen Xorlali