This blog is managed by the content creator and not GhanaWeb, its affiliates, or employees. Advertising on this blog requires a minimum of GH₵50 a week. Contact the blog owner with any queries.

Mosquito coil caused fire that claimed 3 lives in Abuakwa - GNFS

Fri, 3 Feb 2023 Source: Club Mate

A fire outbreak at Abuakwa in the Atwima Nwabiagya Municipality of the Ashanti Region has claimed the lives of three persons, according to the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS).

WATCH VIDEO: How To Make Money On Your Mobile Phone/Easy Mobile Money Cashout

The heartbreaking fire claimed three lives and destroyed three (3) bedrooms and their contents including roofing sheets, doors, utensils, furniture, household appliances and personal effects worth several thousands of cedis, according to the report. The fire was caused by an unattended lit mosquito coil in close contact with the room's combustibles.

On 1 February, a 28-year-old woman, her 9-year-old daughter and her 6-year-old granddaughter died in a fire.

The deceased were killed by the fire, suffocated by the thick smoke and trapped in their room.

Firefighters estimate that the fire started at around 2:00 am on the day in question.

According to the Ashanti Regional Fire Brigade, the fire that claimed three lives was caused by an unattended burning mosquito coil which was in close contact with flammable materials in the room.

The Duty Officer, ASTNO Osei Gyamfi, stated that "two (2) other tenants of the affected property fortunately escaped unhurt from the devastating fire".

According to him, the destruction of three (3) bedrooms and their belongings was caused by a "late call for assistance to the Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) due to late detection of the fire, wrong location of the fire and poor road network".

Kindly Subscribe On YouTube Below:

WATCH VIDEO: How To Make Money On Your Mobile Phone In 2023

Source: Club Mate