Concerned Teachers Of Upper West Region Show Appreciation To All
The Concerned Teachers of Upper West Region who are the center of establishing the truth or otherwise of the actual birth date of the Acting Upper West Regional Director of Education, Iddrisu Mahama have expressed their gratitude to all with particular mention of the Media particularly Ghanaweb.com for a battle well fought. At a press conference to express this gratitude, the association said the issue has now been resolved with a a fixed date of handover by the Acting Regional Director of education slated on the 19th of January 2015 saying that “Ladies and gentlemen of the Press fraternity, thanks so much for responding to our invitation on such a short notice. This Press Conference has been organized by the Concerned Staff of the Ghana Education Service in our beloved Region. Casting our minds back, a series of letters were written way back August, 25th 2014. These were followed by a series of Conferences in protest against the overstay of the acting Regional Director of Education in the Upper West Region Mr. Iddrisu Mahama”.
The Concerned Upper West Regional staff of Ghana Education Service said their mission is simply to show their heartfelt appreciation to all and sundry, who played various roles in the LIBERATION STRUGGLE of the above group particularly Ghana web for the exposure given to the struggle which spanned many months running reiterating that “As a result of the individual and collective efforts by various players, it has now been established beyond all shadows of doubt that a peaceful resolution has been reached for the acting Regional Director of Education to take a long rest and enjoy his Pension with effect from Sunday, the 18th of January 2015. PRAISE THE LORD…HALELUUYA. This peaceful resolution became a reality due to the vital and diverse roles played by the various Stakeholders in the Region in particular and the Nation in general. The group mentioned variously to include:
• The Minister of Education
• The National Security Coordinator
• The Chairman – GES Council
• The Chairman- Parliamentary Select Committee on Education
• The acting Director General - Ghana Education Service
• The acting Director –Human Resource Management and Development
• The Regional Coordinating Council- Upper West
• The Council of State Member- Upper West
• The outgone Party Chairman- National Democratic Congress-UW
• The Municipal Assembly- Wa
• The Regional/Municipal Commanders- BNI
• The Regional/Municipal Commanders- Ghana Police Service
• The National/Regional/Municipal Directors- EOCO
• District Directors of Education- Upper West
• Heads of Second Cycle/Basic Schools- Upper West
• All staff of GES- Upper West
• Gallant men and women of the press particularly Ghana web and
• All Sympathizers.
The group said they cannot conclude without thanking the outgoing acting Regional Director/acting Municipal Director/ acting Lambussie/Karni District Director of Education, Mr Iddrisu Mahama for his cooperation hinting that “We again want to wish him a sound and peaceful retirement at wherever he might find himself engaged in”.
Concluding the statement the group said they finally wish to make a passionate appeal to the duty bearers and their Superiors concerned to assist in getting a very competent, selfless, visionary and a goal oriented person to take up the mantle of leadership in the Educational Sector in the Region to halt the current academic disaster bedeviling the youngest region of Ghana.
THANK YOU ALL FOR HONORING OUR CALL.
SESAY SALIFU KADIR