Click to read all about coronavirus →
- ?The Truth Will Come Out - Prof. Agyemang.?
- ?Legon Students Wants VC & Pro VC Out.?
- ?University of Ghana will protect its integrity ?Registrar.?
- ?Scandal rocks Legon (Parts 5).?
- ?Osafo Maafo goes wild?over reported Varsity exam malpractices.?
- ?Vice-Chancellor's Son Escapes To US.?
- ?Legon Students Demand Further Probe.?
- ?Vice Chancellor promises to sanction son.?
- ?Scandal@Legon: VC's sons poor grades marked up.? ?Legon Vice Chancellor?s Son Nabbed.?
As matter of principle, and for the integrity of the university and Ghana, Asenso-Okyere should have resigned immediately there were leaks from the Stephen Mfodwo Committee of Enquiry, which is investigating the examination and grades malpractices, in the press that not only is sales of examination papers and grades by both students and lecturers wide-spread but the fact that his son is heavily involved. In other universities or higher institutions in the world, Asenso-Okyere, as chief executive officer of Legon, would have been forced to resign or sued in court of law to be fired or the association of lecturers would have passed a votes of no-confidence in him to resign immediately for bringing the esteemed university?s name, under his watch, in public ridicule. Last month, in a less bizarre incident compared to Asenso-Okyere?s ordeal, Harvard University?s President Prof. Lawrence Summers endured hostile condemnation, and might have jeopardized his job, as threats of no-confidence vote by faculty looms, for suggesting that the ?under representation of women in engineering and some scientific fields may be due in part to inherent differences in the intellectual abilities of the sexes.?
With over one year more to finish his term as head of Legon, Prof. Assenso-Okyere?s immediate resignation, on both moral and administrative grounds, will restore integrity to Legon and university education in Ghana.
Send your news stories to and via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.