Western Democracy Is Laced With Insults – Part 2
The Culture Of Insults In Ghana
When the National Liberation Movement (NLM) argued for a Federal Constitution in Ghana on a narrow tribal front, it backfired. They again argued and proclaimed that they wanted a constitution NOT FROM TEXT BOOKS but based on the claims of the NLM which the NPP represent today were really genuinely made, Dr. K.A. Busia rose to power on the wings of a re-actionary and bloody coup de’tat on 24th February, 1966, and he and his friends were assigned the task of creating a new constitution for Ghana, and instead of creating a constitution based on our Customs and Traditions as advocated by the National Liberation Movement, they resorted to the same textbooks which they earlier kicked against vehemently and totally forgot abut creating the new constitution based on our Customs and Traditions Members of the NPP are wise political spiders.
The Political Insults Started Here
The CPP re-acted by telling members of the NLM that they were “Cocoa Season Politicians”. The NLM responded in a similar language or were more malevolent insults by saying that. Those who Support the CPP in Ashanti are strangers and not PROPERLY TRAINED to appreciate the value of the TRUE AND NOBLE AKAN. The DETRIBALISED HOLIGANS AND HIRED CUT THROATS are the only people who still remain in the CPP. See the NLM mouth piece – the” Liberater”- December 20th 1955. Once again, the CPP went ballistic by describing NLM members as stooges, in imperialist agents, and arch reactionaries. Having quoted the above insults and counter – insults, I am telling readers about the Genesis of political insults in Ghana during the NLM’s political fight with the late Dr. Kwame Nkrumah and his CPP government which raged on so violently that bombs were thrown at him as well as several assassination attempts made on his life before he was finally overthrown by the same opposition elements with the help of the CIA in Ghana’s most bloody coup de’tat on 24th February, 1966. Let me leave out Dr. Busia’s Progress Party government in 1969 and after his overthrown on 13th January, 1972 and also leave out Col. Acheampong’s NRC/SMC I and II in 1978 as well as the AFRC Military Junta of June 4 1979 and go straight to Jerry Rawlings’ era as a civilian President from 1992 – 2000, I will again remove the PNDC era from 1982 – 1992 when Ghana returned to Constitutional rule.
I will therefore give pass marks and grades against those who have gained chains of degrees in the art of insults in Ghana since 1992 – 2011. Here we go;
1) Jerry John Rawlings – Triple ‘A’ plus for referring to opposition members as PUNKS.
2) John Agyekum Kufuor – Double ‘A’ plus for referring to Rawlings in the Akan language as a “Sasabonsam” – A devil.
3) Kwaku Baako Jnr. – ‘A plus’ – for referring to Rawlings as “Osama bin Laden” who will soon be killed that year since he knew of the plan to eliminate Rawlings during the NPP regime from 2001 to 2008.
4) Kofi Coomson – ‘A’ plus – for saying “Rawlings is Mad” as published on the front page of his “Chronicle” News paper.
5) Jerry John Rawlings – Triple ‘A’ plus for replying J.A. Kufuor by comparing him to Atta Ayi – a notorious armed robber now in prison for his criminal activities.
6) Eben Quacoo – Former Editor of the “Free Press” – ‘A’ plus for saying that “Nana Konadu Agyeman Rawlings has a Donkey Face” – Nothing happened to him for insulting the First Lady in 1997 all in the name of a so-called democracy.
7) Eben Quacoo – ‘A’ plus for saying that the “huge Head tie” of Nana Konadu Agyemang Rawlings contained cocaine and he was dragged to court by the former first lady.
8) The late Prof. Adu Boahen – Triple ‘A’ plus for naming his dog after Rawlings because he claimed that his dog was very stubborn just like Rawlings.
9) Isaac Edumadze – ‘A’ plus for describing Mills as a chamber pot, yet he is a man who is not even qualified enough to polish the shoes of Professor Mills.
10) Former Editor of the “Statesman” – mouth piece of the NPP I grade him Double ‘A’ plus on December 3rd 2003 for describing Prof Mills as “a tranquilized goat”, ridiculous, risible, farcical, pathetic, pitiful, weak, a milk sop and a sissy. Good God – Democracy indeed.
11) The NPP – Triple ‘A’ plus – The party’s supporters held a rally at INDADFA Park, Accra in December 2004 and described Prof. Mills as “Aboa”/Animal.
12) J.A. Kufuor – Triple ‘A’ plus for describing Rawlings as “That Thing” which should NOT HAVE BEEN THERE as Ghana’s president.
13) Johnson Asiedu Nketia – Triple ‘A’ plus for telling the nation that the 17 NPP presidential aspirants were all thieves who were going to their party’s congress to elect their Senior Thief in 2007 and was prepared to face them in court when he was threatened with court action by the NPP and they vanished into thin air.
14) Dr. Ekow Spio Garbrah – ‘A’plus – for describing President Mills’ cabinet members as “Team B” players while “Team A” players who were competent were left sitting on the bench.
15) J.A Kufuor – Double ‘A’ plus for describing NDC supporters as cowards and hood lums in 2002 at an NPP rally held at Sekondi in the Western Region.
16) NDC members – Triple ‘A’ plus for describing the NPP as a Narcotic Peddlers Party – full of cocaine barons since 1996 – to date 2011.
17) Jerry Rawlings – Triple ‘A’ plus for saying that Sam Jonah is a criminal in 1999 without giving further reasons.
18) Agyenim Boateng – Triple ‘A’ plus for describing the actions of Nana Akomea as a betrayal of his intelligence.
19) Nana Akomea – Triple ‘A’ plus for describing Agyenim Boateng as a stupid fool in reply to an earlier insult.
20) John Kumah – Triple ‘A’ plus for daring to insult the sitting President J.E.A Mills as a homosexual but when he was arrested, the President ordered his unconditional release.
21) Nana Darkwa, an NPP activist – Double ‘A’ plus for telling Ghanaians that it was Jerry Rawlings who set fire on his own residence on air without any proof all in the name of multiparty democracy and free speech.
22) In January, 2001, after the NDC handed over power to the NPP – they described all former NDC ministers as criminals and thieves including all NDC members and they were tried as common criminals from 2001 – 2008 when Nana Konadu Agyemang Rawlings was nearly jailed with FALSE charges by Ex-Prez. J. A. Kufuor. I therefore grade the NPP – a Triple ‘A’ plus because they can easily destroy their political opponents by ANY MEANS NECESSARY.
23) Brother Joshua – Triple ‘A’ plus for calling Rawlings a “Devil” who must be driven away from Ghana. Brother Joshua used the studios of Kapital Radio in Kumasi to insult Rawlings from January 2001 to January, 2004. Brother Joshua was exposing his ignorance by describing Rawlings as a devil because if Ghanaians should decide to drive away the real devils from this country, most Churches and a particular political party will all cease to exist and Ghana will then be free forever.
24) Naturally, every action generates a re-action because no politician worldwide can claim to be an Angel. Nana Akuffo Addo – ‘A’ plus for describing the, sitting President as “Professor Do Little” Nana Akuffo Addo has forgotten so soon that President Mills government has performed for better in its 2 ½ years in the area of infrastructure and curbing inflation far more than the NPP’s first 5 years in government from 2001 – 2005 because these years were rather used to witch hunt NDC former ministers and Jerry Rawlings while Praising President J.A. Kufuor to the High Heavens.
One is bound to ask whether we are a serious nation and whether these tons of insults can put food on our tables, construct our hospitals and roads or pay our children’s school fees and further create jobs for the youth.
In conclusion, the insults being hurled at each other by Ex-Prez. Rawlings and Ex-Prez. Kufuor has descended through the leadership of the NDC and the NPP right down to the various Regions, constituencies and branches or polling stations nationwide and it is regarded as a normal thing in our present constitutional era. Well, all children believe that their parents are always rich, it is only when they grow up to become adults that they always realise that it was not easy for their parents to bring them up and that their parents were never rich as they once thought. Politics of insults have been entrenched in our body politic and the insults and counter insults really shows that NOBODY HAS THE MONOPOLY OVER INSULTS in Ghana, because TIT for TAT is never a sin at all.
However, when hurling out the insults against each other, please you must leave Traditional Rulers, President Mills and the Vice President Alone and keep on insulting each other because it is the Clergy as a body that should have intervene, but it is now a rotten organization full of some crooks in cassocks, fornicators in cassocks, clever thieves in cassocks fraudstars in cassocks, dishonest liars in cassocks, Rapists in cassocks, self seekers in cassocks, swindlers in cassocks, Abominable and questionable characters in cassocks who always turn the Bible upside down and preach about wealth, visas to travel abroad, Demons preventing young ladies from getting their right husbands to marry only to end up sleeping with these unsuspecting young girls by these Unfaithful and Unholy men of God. “God should help Ghana”. Keep your fingers crossed and read over and over again for I shall be back when the need arises. Is Anybody Listening? “Jaanbie Iwaii”. Aluta Continua!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
United Cadres Front
All Media Houses
Accra – Ghana