8
General News Thu, 16 Aug 2018

4 NPP boys nabbed in Tamale

The Northern Regional Police Command has arrested four persons believed to be part of Kandahar Boys, a group affiliated to the New Patriotic Party (NPP), in connection with the attack on the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Tamale Teaching Hospital (TTH) on Monday.

A joint military and police team arrested the suspects in a swoop at the base of the Kandahar Boys.

Unconfirmed reports put the number of suspects arrested at six.

The Secretary of the Kandahar Boys, one Umar Farouk and other suspects, are currently in custody at the Northern Regional Police in Tamale.

The Regional Police Public Relations Officer (PRO), DSP Yusif Mohammed Tanko, who confirmed the arrest to DAILY GUIDE, said even though the four persons were arrested at the base of the group, they cannot confirm if they actually took part in the attack on the CEO on Monday.

He indicated that the suspects had given their statements to the police, adding that those found culpable would be prosecuted.

DSP Tanko disclosed that the CEO of TTH, Dr. David Kolbilla, had been informed of the arrest and would travel to the police station to identify them.

The Police PRO hinted that they stormed the house of the spokesperson of the group, who was absent at the time and instructed his parents to bring him to the police station for questioning.

He assured the general public that the police would do everything possible to bring the perpetrators to book.



Meanwhile, the Kandahar Boys have denied any involvement in the attack on the TTH CEO.

Baba Mohammed told DAILY GUIDE that Kandahar Boys played no part in the attack, indicating that the group had issued a statement to disassociate itself from the attack.

They threatened to resign from the party if the police fail to release their Secretary Umar Farouk.

The Northern Regional Minister, Salifu Saeed, called on the Northern Regional Police Command to arrest all the youth who attacked the TTH boss.

According to the minister, NPP and government, which have condemned the action of the youth, would ensure that the perpetrators are prosecuted.

He stated: “The government didn’t sanction it; the party in the region didn’t sanction it. Therefore, we don’t associate ourselves with the attack, and so we are going to ensure that the perpetrators are dealt with accordingly.”

The minister assured workers of the TTH that they would be protected on the premises of the hospital to carry out their duties effectively.

Source: dailyguideafrica.com
Related Articles: