The Ashanti Regional office of the ruling National Democratic Congress (NDC) has denied rumours that there was a scuffle between its Regional Communicators over financial impropriety.
According to a press release signed by the Secretary of the Regional Communication Team, Moh. Awal Maswan it explained that ‘There has not been any meeting of the team where we recorded any scuffle. In instances where we disagree, we put our personal interests aside and allow the supreme interest of the party to override’.
Read full statement:
NATIONAL DEMOCRATIC CONGRESS-ASHANTI REGION
For Immediate Release
RE: BLOWS AT NDC COMMUNICATORS MEETING IN KUMASI
I have read with great disappointment a malicious statement making rounds on social media with the caption above about the Communication Team of the NDC in the Ashanti Region.
It is very important to treat the story with the contempt it deserves as we take note of the following:
1. The Regional Communication Team has not held any meeting at the Regional Party office for the past seven months.
2. There has not been any meeting of the team where we recorded any scuffle. In instances where we disagree, we put our personal interests aside and allow the supreme interest of the party to override.
3. i. Samed Akalilu, the Regional Communication Officer, does not handle finances of the team. The team has a welfare committee that takes charge of members’ welfare when the need arises.
ii. The team does not have any instituted monthly allowances, hence, it beats my imagination how someone will seek to suggest that Akalilu cannot “properly account for” what is non-existing.
iii. When the team receives any remittance from a party functionary, the money is given to the welfare committee for disbursement;
4. No list of communicators have been issued to any Radio/TV station and no media house in the Region has confirmed receipt of any such list. The deputy Regional Communication Officer, Solomon Anane, issued a statement to that effect;
5. The NPP is not and can never be a yardstick for the NDC, therefore, the attempt to compare the strength of our team to that of the NPP falls short of simple logic.
Ghanaians are not oblivious of the crisis in the NPP and their inability to close their ranks. Any wild attempt to equalise their intolerance and lack of leadership by especially, their flag bearer, Nana Akufo Addo, will be perforated and exposed.
The NDC in the Ashanti Region is poised to achieve our one million votes come November, 7th. The Communication team remains committed and resolute to the realisation of this aim.
We will continue to be the ambassadors of the changing and transformation agenda of the President, HE John Dramani Mahama.
God bless Ashanti Communicators! God bless NDC!! Good bless Ghana!!!
Moh. Awal Maswan
Secretary, Reg. Comm Team