Click for Market Deals →
The National Democratic Congress says it is battle ready and set to shrug off competition from the New Patriotic Party and others to retain power.
Moment after he joined the Vice President to submit the nomination forms for President Mahama on Thursday, party’s General Secretary John Asiedu Nketia told the media the NDC is adequately prepared for the 2016 general elections.
He said the NDC has “complied with all the requirements” of the Electoral Commission. He therefore declared, “From today, the battle back to the flagstaff house has begun”.
Mr. Asiedu Nketia popularly known as General Mosquito said the party is still waiting for the opposition New Patriotic Party to launch its manifesto.
The NPP manifesto which is expected to be launched on October 9 in Accra has suffered postponements, at least twice.
But Mr. Asiedu Nketia asked the NPP not to feel ashamed to relaunch its 2012 manifesto. “When there is famine you keep the food you couldn’t eat last year and continue eating it. So they can present the 2012 manifesto if they don’t have a new manifesto,” he told the NPP.
“After all they couldn’t be in power so they didn’t have that opportunity to implement that 2012 manifesto, if they actually believe in that manifesto.
Likely it is the same people they have recycled, so if they recycle their manifesto we don’t have any problem with them,” he advised.
Using Tuesday’s parliamentary election at Kwesimintsim constituency in the Western Region as a yardstick, Mr. Asiedu Nketia said the late primary of the NPP shows that they are not ready for power.
Send your news stories to and via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.