Presidential aspirant of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Professor Joshua Alabi says he performed extremely well during his party’s vetting process and is confident that his candidacy will be approved by the vetting panel.
Professor Alabi added that his successful vetting process means he is ready for the primaries which comes off February 23, 2019.
Speaking to the media after his vetting at the NDC National Headquarters on Tuesday, Mr Alabi said, “We went through the process and at the end of it all, we were very happy. I am very happy with their performance and I am also sure with the way it went that I have sailed through. Come February 23, I am winning. I am going to be the leader of the NDC”.
The former head of the University of Professional Studies stated that, he aims at reuniting the NDC and is ready to work hand-in-hand with his contenders to make the party thrive.
Mr Alabi noted that this year’s presidential primaries and campaign is going to be very decent, exciting and a memorable one in the history of the NDC.
“We are going to continue with the campaign and I am assuring you that it will be a thriller. All of you will enjoy the campaign because it will be very decent, exciting and one that we have never seen before in the NDC”, he stated.
Below is the timetable for the presidential primaries
1. Vetting - Tuesday 22nd - 23rd January, 2019
2. Presentation of Voter Roll to Candidates - Wednesday 23rd January, 2019
3. Appeals - Wednesday 23rd - 25th January, 2019
4. Notice of Poll (Sample) - Saturday, 26th January, 2019
5. Final Print of Notice of Poll - Monday, 28th January, 2019.
6. Printing of Ballot Papers - Sunday, 3rd-17th February, 2019
7. Distribution of Ballot papers - Monday, 18th February, 2019.
8. Election - Saturday 23rd February, 2019.