Politics of Mon, 7 May 20183
NPP Primaries: Rita Talata Asobayire picks nomination forms to contest 1st Vice portfolio
The former National Women’s organiser of the New Patriotic Party, Madam Rita Talata Asobayire who served in that portfolio for two consecutive terms on Monday picked the nomination forms to contest for the National 1st Vice Chairperson portfolio of the party.
Speaking to the media after a raucaus welcome by her sympathisers, Madam Rita Talata Asobayire highlighted how she had risen from been a founding member to her last topmost position she occupied as the National Women’s Organiser.
Below is a load down of Madam Rita Talata Asobayire in her 27 years association with the NPP party
Rita started from the grassroot and worked to the top. She is a natural born organiser, committed and Loyal to the party’s cause. Her motto is 'Party First'.
1. Rita is a founding member of Danquah Busia Dombo tradition.
2. Rita is one of the founding members of New Patriotic Party.
3. Rita is a founding member of USA branch & New York chapter
4. Rita is a leader of Wednesday Women’s Club
5. In 1992, Rita was a member of Prof Adu Boahene campaign team.
6. In 1992,Rita was a polling station women’s organizer
7. In 1993, Rita was a women’s organizer of New York branch,USA
8. In 1996, Rita was the Ist Vice chairperson of New York branch, USA
9. In 1999, Rita was a member of former President John Agyekum Kuffour campaign team
10. Rita was the first elected National Women’s Organizer in 2002
11. Rita was re-elected National Women’s Organizer in 2005
12. From 2002 to 2005,Rita was a member of National Executive committee
13. From 2005 to 2010, Rita was a member of National Executive committee
14. Rita was a member of National campaign committee in 2008
15. Rita was a member of National Campaign Committee in 2012
16. Rita was a member of Presidential and Parliamentary Review Committee in 2016
With this momentous experience gained over two decades with three years shy of three decades Madam Rita Talata Asobayire is a lead contender for that portfolio.