Click to read all about coronavirus →
Mr Bright Babanye Salia is a distinguished Development Finance Expert who has demonstrated his commitment and willingness to support the good people of Jirapa in the Upper West. Region.
He is a renowned indigene among the rank and file of the good people of Jirapa and has listened carefully to the cry of his people and has offered to take up the challenge to contest the parliamentary primaries to lead the NDC in the Jirapa consistency in the 2020 elections.
Mr Bright Babanye SALIA holds various degrees that include Bachelor of Business Administration-Accounting option from Islamic University, Master of Science of Development Finance from the University of Ghana; and Masters in Accounting & Financial Management from the University of DeVry, United States of America.
Mr Bright Babanye SALIA did his mandatory national service with the Bank of Ghana and worked for MAALMA Company Limited before travelling to the United States of America for other career and academic exploits.
He is a Development Finance expert and currently provides advisory services to various Multinational corporations with interest in Africa such as Global Logistics Alliance, USA and University of DeVry.
Mr Salia is the immediate past Chairman of NDC, New York Branch. He is confident that, with a unity of purpose with the rank and file of the NDC, victory is assured, and power can once again be given to the people – the citizens.
He was quoted saying “all NDC parliamentary aspirants, including my colleagues here in Jirapa, need to place the victory of H.E John Mahama ahead of their personal legends”. We need to unite, organise strong front led by our branch executives, and defeat this incompetent Friends & Family government.
He outlined some thematic areas, which he seeks to acquire the necessary support and right partnership to help improve the welfare of the good people the Jirapa constituency when given the mandate to lead the party. Below are the thematic areas he has outlined;
1. Vocational training for women in modern Pito brewing, and shea butter processing
2. Empowerment of branch youth organisers and party members through creating groups and assisting them in securing loans from financial institutions with a strong business plan.
3. Farmers to be assisted with tractor services, subsidised fertiliser, and other farm inputs
4. Party zonal coordinators will be supported with a motorbike each and other logistics to keep their various branches strong and active for victory 2020
5. Party logistics distribution for the first time will start from the branches
6. Branch executives will be assisted with tricycles, with the view to empowering them economically. Branch executives who want to go into local transport will be assisted to acquire tricycles and other appropriate means of transportation - on hire purchase terms.
7. To help attract foreign direct investment to the constituency in a bid to transform the Jirapa municipality to an essential growth pole for the rest of the upper west region
8. Provide solar-mechanised boreholes to pump water through canals to support dry-season rural vegetable farmers.
9. Branch executives and party members, particularly women, will be encouraged and sponsored to venture into animal keeping (piggery, poultry etc.)
10. The only municipal hospital and polyclinic will be assisted with beds, ambulance and modern health equipment for better health delivery within the Municipality. Health outreach programs will be organised annually for minor operations and treatment of non-recurring diseases.
The 2018 report on BECE shows education in Jirapa is falling. In terms of BECE performance in the region among eleven districts, Jirapa was 10th.
Support will be given to circus supervisors to facilitate regular monitoring of schools to ensure that teachers are at post and providing quality teaching and mentorships to pupils.
Mr Bright Babanye SALIA has urged all delegates to go out and vote massively for him as number one (1) on the ballot paper during the August 24th 2019 Parliamentary Primaries.
Send your news stories to and via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.