President of Concerned Communicators of National Democratic Congress (NDC), a group comprising serial callers has threatened to give national executives a feel of the defeat former president Mahama suffered in the 2016 elections.
Michael Agormugah speaking in an interview with Kwame Tutu on Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm, commended the Kwesi Botchwey led committee for the brilliant work done in reviewing the terrible defeat of the NDC.
He was also extremely happy that the committee recommended that the party embarks on a national healing and peace building campaign with the grass root of the party. According to him, the party prior to the national elections lost touch with its grass root a situation he lamented contributed to their massive defeat.
In the view of Abollo as he is affectionately called, the committee’s recommendations comes at a time when party supporters are worried and bitter over the actions of some executives and they [executives] will pay for it.
He hinted that, they will give the executives a humiliating defeat when the party goes to elect its national officers so they will feel the pain the former president who worked so hard felt in the 2016 polls.
He said, elections are not won by doctorate degrees or one’s qualification but the grass root support helps in winning an election and when you lose touch with the grass root then you are doomed. We will be expecting them as recommended by the committee, he said.
The Kwesi Botchwey led committee on Monday presented a 455-page report after reviewing the cause of NDC’s defeat. The committee made recommendations which they believe will help the party in winning the polls in 2020.
Below are the recommendations:
1. That the party puts together a group of credible and eminent members of our party to undertake a peacebuilding and healing of the country.
2. That the party takes steps to restore the integrity of the biometric register and the expanded electoral college.
3. We recommend that steps be taken to restore the capacity and effectiveness of the party's organs especially at the branch level where we believe these organs are the most critical because they are the party's immediate connection to the people, we are afterall a truly mass party.
4. We also have recommendations on ways we can and must improve the collation of election results.
5. We also believe that steps ought to be taken by the party to reconnect itself properly to our social democratic roots and the principal actors in these social democratic roots.
6. We recommend that steps ought to be taken to strengthen research and intelligence in the party. This should involve crowding in a larger body of the party's intellectual base which has not been particularly active in the past, this will help to support the party's research capacity.
7. There are recommendations that the party will scale-up and re-invigorate its work in the area of youth organisation.
8. The organisation of women, we note that significant changes have taken place in the country's demographic profile and that the party ought to take notice of this and all the implications of these change