News

Sports

Business

Entertainment

GhanaWeb TV

Africa

Country

Wall

Fire burns Tumu Community Centre

Tumu Community Centre Fire The Community Centre serves as the only social centre that events are hosted in the district

Sun, 23 Apr 2017 Source: mynewsgh.com

Fire on Saturday night burnt the Tumu Community Centre in the Sissala East District of the Upper West Region.

The cause of fire is not immediately known but it is believed to have been caused by power surge while some football lovers were watching a match on a giant screen at the community centre.

A swift intervention from fire service personnel saved the situation as the fire almost engulfed other structures but doors and windows of one of the facilities where the incident started have all been burnt.

According to a report by Ayamga Bawa Fatawu a freelance journalist in the area, the place is the only social centre that hosts most of social events in the District Capital.

Source: mynewsgh.com
Related Articles: