3
Regional News Sat, 28 Aug 2010

Fire gutted six rooms at Begoro

Akim Begoro, August 28, GNA - Fire gutted six rooms at Obusi, a suburb of Akim Begoro on Thursday, leaving the occupants homeless.

Madam Sophia Serwaa, a teacher and one of the victims of the disaster told the GNA that she was scrubbing the bathroom and her newly born baby was asleep in the living room.

She said minutes later the baby gave a sharp cry and the house-help ran to pick her only to see smoke rising from the meter board which was in front of her veranda.

Madam Serwaa said all of a sudden the smoke engulfed the whole area and the tenants could not enter their rooms to retrieve their belongings.

The occupants had to run for their lives but before the fire service personnel could arrive, six rooms were razed and all properties burnt to ashes.

The landlord was not available for his comments.

Meanwhile the victims are putting up with friends and relatives.

Source: GNA