Regional News Wed, 13 Mar 2019

Headteacher electrocuted, two pupils injured

The Headteacher of Akim Oda Anglican Basic School, Amos Aboagye, has been electrocuted to death in the School.

The incident occurred Wednesday morning when the headteacher was assisting two pupils to remove a bucket used to draw water but accidentally fell into the well.

Information gathered indicates that, while trying to remove the bucket from the well the metal object came into contact with a high voltage electricity cable above the well shocking the headteacher to death instantly.

Two other pupils, according to a witness, Kofi Nti, sustained minor injuries and have been treated and discharged.

The body of the Headteacher has been deposited at the Oda Government Hospital.

Police has meanwhile commenced investigations into the incident.

The incident has disrupted academic exercise as the entire school has been thrown into a state of grieve.

Officials of Ghana Education Service are expected to visit the school.

Source: starrfm.com.gh