0
Regional News Wed, 3 Dec 2003

Many stool lands re-registered as family lands - Karbo

Wa, Dec 3, GNA - Many stool lands in the Greater Accra Region are now being re-registered as family lands in order to take advantage of the handsome monetary compensation paid for family lands acquired by the State.

Under the Constitution 55 per cent of monetary compensation paid for stool land acquired by the State is paid to the metropolitan, municipal and district assembly with the remaining 45 per cent paid to the stool, from which the land is acquired.

Mr Edward B. Karbo, Director of the Town and Country Planning Department, said this on Tuesday when he addressed heads and staff of land sector agencies, at Wa.

ADVERTISEMENT

Mr Mohammed Saani of the Lands Commission in Wa corroborated Mr Karbo's statement, saying, stool lands in the Upper West Region are also being re-registered as family lands.

As a result, he said, the Wa office of the Lands Commission had very little work to do.

Mr Karbo, who is on a four-day visit to the region, called for collaboration among the six land sector agencies in the country to achieve the objectives of the government's land policy.

Source: GNA
ADVERTISEMENT