Juaso (Ash), March 15, GNA - A farmer who was bitten by a snake in his farm at Obogu on Thursday died at the hospital after several hours of admission.
Mr S.K. Tetteh, the deceased, was rushed to the hospital by his wife and two members of his family when he returned home feeling weak and complaining of dizziness.
Inmates at the ward where he was admitted said after undergoing initial treatment with anti-snake serum, he told them of how he was bitten in his cassava farm, but thought it was an insect or an ant that had bitten him.
According to the inmates, he had another bite at the same spot while carrying a basket load of cassava on his way back home and as soon as he put the basket at the kitchen he felt very dizzy, which made his wife and some of his relatives to suspect a snake bite, and therefore rushed him to the Juaso hospital.
A nurse on duty confirmed that Mr Tetteh had a snake bite and that the poison had been in his body for more than two hours before he was brought to the hospital.