A 23-year-old man, Ebenezer Drah, was on Sunday night, 10 November 2019, electrocuted during a heavy downpour at Dome Crossing in Accra.
According to eyewitnesses, the deceased left the safety of his room to help a group of men salvage a kiosk that was being washed away by the floods from the rains when he got electrocuted.
Narrating the incident to ClassFMonline.com’s Elikem Adiku, an eyewitness, and a work colleague of the deceased who gave his name as Essilfie said: "During the rain, the deceased, whose room usually gets flooded when it rains, brought out his belongings after which he went to help a group of men to salvage a kiosk which was being washed away by the floods.
"While trying to help, Eben got electrocuted. The men could not continue because it was dangerous. If you take a look at him, you'll see that he is still holding onto the electricity lines."
The deceased was an employee of a pure water producing company, Agyenkwa at Dome.
As of the time of filing this report, eyewitnesses were waiting for the police to convey the body to the morgue.
Send your news stories to and features to . Chat with us via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.