Boy, 6, killed in fire disaster
Tanoboase (B/A), March 24, GNA - A three-bedroom thatched house at Tanoboase on the Techiman-Kintampo road has been razed by fire resulting in the death of a six-year-old boy, Usumani Adama. The mother of the deceased, Madam Jamila Adama and her three other daughters, Saibu Adama, Fati Adama and Alima Adama who sustained some injuries in the course of the incident are responding to treatment at the Techiman Holy Family Hospital.
Mr. Appiagyei Baafour, National Disaster Management Organisation (NADMO) Coordinator in-charge of the Tuobodom Zone of the Techiman Municipality told the Ghana News Agency at Tanoboase on Wednesday that all the personal effects of the people living the house were completely destroyed by the fire.
The owner of the house, a 50-year-old blind man, Mr Adama Siedu was lucky to be rescued by Mr Sarfo Kantanka, a neighbour, who managed to enter the room to rescue him.
According to Mr. Appiagyei, popularly called Burger Anthony, the incident occurred on Sunday, last weekend at about 1900 hours while the woman was busily preparing meals in the kitchen. The cause of the fire was not immediately known as the housewife Madam Jamila Adama is still on admission at the Holy Family Hospital at Techiman.
Mr. Appiagyei appealed to NADMO, the Techiman Municipal Assembly, Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), churches and individuals to consider the plight of the affected victims and go to their aid. Meanwhile, the body of the deceased, Usumani Adama has been buried after a post mortem examination at the Techiman Holy Family Hospital. 24 March 05