xxxxxxxxxxx of Sun, 17 Jun 20180
Childhood photos of President Akufo-Addo and family
President Nana Akufo-Addo did not just find himself at the presidency. It took years of hard work and dedication to get there.
YEN.com.gh brings you childhood photos of Akufo-Addo with his family that show his humble beginnings.
After over 30 years of unrelentingly effort, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo has fulfilled a childhood dream to follow in the footsteps of his father, Edward Akufo-Addo, and become president of the Republic of Ghana.
After his stunning victory in the December 2016 presidential election in which he secured an astonishing 53.85% of the votes - with his main rival, John Mahama, getting 44.40% - Akufo-Addo was sworn in as president.
YEN.com.gh, today, brings you throwback pictures of Akufo-Addo from his childhood right through to adolescence and finally adulthood.
Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo was born in Accra, Ghana, to a prominent Ghanaian royal and political family as the son of Edward and Adeline Akufo-Addo.
His father Edward Akufo-Addo from Akropong-Akuapem was Ghana's third Chief Justice from 1966 to 1970, Chairman of the 1967–68 Constitutional Commission and the non-executive President of Ghana from 1970 till 1972.
Akufo-Addo's maternal grandfather was Nana Sir Ofori Atta, King of Akyem Abuakwa, who was a member of the Executive Council of the Governor of the Gold Coast before Ghana's independence.
The pictures document some of Akufo-Addo's fondest memories with his family, including his dad and mum, and close relatives.
1. Akufo-Addo poses with his mother, Adeline Akufo-Addo
2. Akufo-Addo with his dad and mum
3. Akufo-Addo (seated left) with his family
4. A young Akufo-Addo tries his hands at boxing
5. Akufo-Addo plays with a toy in what appears to be his father's house
6. Akufo-Addo (wearing a cap) with his family
7. Akufo-Addo as a student at Lancing College in the UK
8. Akufo-Addo with his family members
9. Akufo-Addo as a young lawyer