46
Menu
News

Fire guts Manhyia Palace

Manhyia Palace 620x330 File Photo

Fri, 1 Sep 2017 Source: ghanacrusader.com

The Manhyia Palace in the Ashanti region almost experienced a fireoutbreak but for the timely intervention of the Ghana Fire Service.

The fire resulted from a gas cylinder explosion in the kitchen area of the Manhyia Palace.

According to an eyewitness account, the firemen was there early and on time to save what could have become a disaster in the country.

The eyewitness who spoke on condition of anonymity, narrated that, one of the Asantehene, Otumfuo Osei Tutu’s cook was present when the explosion occurred.

However, no casualty was established from the explosion which took firemen to bring it down.

Two fire tenders from the Manhyia station, including another fire tender from the regional command, were called to handle the fire.

Officials from the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG), were also called to disconnect electricity at the palace to stop the spread of the fire.

However, it is established that, during the time of filling this report, the fire service including the ECG officials were busily doing their work and running investigating into the matter with the police officials who were present at the scene.

Source: ghanacrusader.com