Formation of the Council of Ga-Dangme Associations, Inc.
June 10, 2003,
Harlem, New York City
Dr. George Lamptey, Executive Secretary General
Council of Ga Dangme Associations
164 Bedford Avenue, Teaneck NJ 07666
It is with great pleasure that we announce today, Sunday, June 10, 2003, in Harlem, New York City, USA the formation of the Council of Ga-Dangme Associations, Inc.
For almost five years we, the Ga Dangme people residing in the tri-state area of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut, have endeavored to create a unified and cohesive organization that will bring all of us together. After many months of intense deliberations and hard work, representatives of the undersigned organizations have agreed on the purpose and objectives of this new organization. These include but not limited to:
- Developing solidarity amongst the various Ga-Dangme people who reside in the tri-state area;
- Serving as the sole recognized voice of the members, and
- Promoting and undertaking activities, projects etc. that are of interest to all Ga-Dangme people.
To commemorate the occasion we would also like to announce and invite all our friends, supporters, well-wishers and the general public to our first Unified
Grand Homowo-Asafotu-Nmayemi Cultural Festival on Saturday, August 23rd, 2003, and the
Inaugural Homowo-Asafotu-Nmayemi Dance on Saturday, August 30th, 2003.
Please reserve these dates and look out for more details in the coming days.
We look forward to seeing all Ga Dangmes, friends, and well wishers on these occasions to join us to celebrate this very significant time in the history of our community.
Listed below are the current members with the signatures of their leaders and also the Executive Members of the Council. Furthermore, any Ga-Dangme organization in the tri-state area not listed below may contact us for membership information.
Founding Members of the Council of Ga Dangme Associations, Inc. 1. Ablade (USA), Inc. ___________________________ , Mr. Stanley Lokko, President
2. Ada Okorbi Akpee, __________________________ , Mr. Christian Djanie, Chairman
3. GaAdangme Kpee, _____________________________ , Mr. Isaac Nortey, Chairman
4. James Town (Ngleshi) Club, _____________________ , Nii Lantei Lamptey, Chairman
5. Krobo Cultural Association, ________________________ , Mr. Fred Ayisah, Chairman
6. Osu Association, _________________________ _ , Mr. Christian Djanie, Chairman
7. Teshie Akroh Development _____________________, Mr. Francis Okuadjo, Chairman
Executive Committee of the Council of Ga Dangme Associations:
President Mr. Isaac Nortey
Vice President Nii Lantei Lamptey
Executive Secretary General Dr. George Lamptey
Deputy Executive Sec. General Mr. Moses Wilson
Public Relations Officer Mr. David McCarthy
Assistant PRO Mr. Steve Nartey
Treasurer Mr. Stanley Lokko
Assistant Treasurer Ms. Belinda Adjei
Financial Secretary Mrs. Stella Boye-Doe
Assistant Financial Secretary Ms. Edith Aryee