Full Text Of Reshuffle By President Mills
Politics Mills Reshuffle
Accra, Jan. 25, GNA - President John Evans Atta Mills on Wednesday made changes and appointments in Ministers and Deputy Ministers of State.
This is the full text of the statement.
OFFICE OF THE PRESIDENT
His Excellency the President Professor John Evans Atta Mills has made the following ministerial changes/appointments:
• Hon. Benjamin Kunbour is the new Attorney-General and Minister for Justice;
• Hon. Alban Bagbin currently Minister for Water Resources, Works and Housing moves to the Ministry of Health;
• Hon. E.T. Mensah, Minister for Employment and Social Welfare replaces Hon. Alban Bagbin as Minister for Water Resources, Works and Housing.
2. The new appointments are:
• Mr. William Kwasi Aboah – Minister designate for the Interior
• Ambassador Lee Ocran, Ghana’s High Commissioner to South Africa – Minister designate for Education;
• Hon. Fritz Baffour Member of Parliament for Ablekuma South – Minister designate for Information;
• Hon. Moses Asaga – Minister designate for Employment and Social Welfare
• Hon. Dominic Azimbe Azumah, Member of Parliament for Garu/ Timpane – Minister of State designate at the Presidency;
• Ambassadoe Amin Amidu Sulemani, currently Ghana’s Ambassador to Egypt - Minister designate for Upper West Region.
3. His Excellency the President has also made the following Deputy Ministerial changes/ appointments:
• Hon. Stephen Ackah, Member of Parliament for Suaman – Deputy Minister designate for the ministry of Local Government and Rural DEvelopemt;
• Mr. Isaac Vanderpuiye – Deputy Minister Designate for Greater Accra Region;
• Hon. James Agyenim- Boateng, currently Deputy minister for Tourism, moves to the ministry of Information as Deputy minister, whilst hon. Baaba Jamal becomes the Deputy minister for Tourism;
• Hon. Edward Omane Boamah, Deputy minister for Environment, science and Technology goes to the ministry of Youth and Sports as Deputy Minister, whilst Hon. Reuben Nii Nortey Dua, Deputy minister for youth and sports moves the Ministry of Water Resources works and Housing as Deputy Minister;
• Hon. Dr. Mustapha Ahmed, currently Deputy Minister for Water Resources Works and Housing is now Deputy Minister for Environment Science and Technology;
• Mr. Henry Ametepey – Deputy Minister designate for the Volta Region to replace Col. Cyril Neku ( Rtd.)
4 Alhaji Said Sinare has been appointed as Ghana’s Ambassador designate to Egypt.
SECRETARY TO THE PRESIDENT
[25th January, 2012]