Ghana no longer safe – Boakye-Gyan
Ghana is no longer safe, Major Osaahene Kojo Boakye-Gyan (Rtd), the spokesperson for the defunct Armed Forces Revolutionary Council (AFRC), has said.
According to him, the failure of the security authorities to convict criminals has emboldened other miscreants to go about their nefarious activities with impunity, a situation which he says threatens the security of law-abiding citizens.
Commenting on the recent killing of investigative journalist Ahmed Hussein-Suale, Major Boakye-Gyan (Rtd) told Kwabena Prah Jnr (The Don) on Accra100.5FM’s Ghana Yensom on Wednesday, 23 January 2019 that: “There is a growing sense of impunity in the country. When these things happen, because we are unable to deal with the culprits, others are emboldened to do same.”
He added: “The efforts of the police or the government or whoever is in charge, do not lead to criminal conviction and that is the worrying thing for me.
“J.B. Danquah-Adu, the MP, was killed in his home, and so far, nobody has been convicted for it. We are all not safe in the country. Why is it that we have not had a single criminal conviction for any of these things that are going on?”
Mr Hussein-Suale was shot thrice on Wednesday, 16 January 2019 at Madina, a suburb of Accra while driving home around 10 p.m.
His assailants made their getaway on a motorbike.