Former Managing Director (MD) of the Bulk Oil Storage and Transport (BOST) Company Limited, Alfred Obeng Boateng, has urged his followers, staff of BOST and relations expressing concern about his dismissal to come on board to support the Akufo-Addo administration despite the termination of his appointment.
“Inasmuch as I appreciate the solidarity shown across the country particularly from the Western Region, let us tread cautiously in order not to do anything that may undermine the government and our great party, NPP,” he admonished.
For him,”In government or not, I wish the government and my party to succeed”.
Mr Alfred Obeng’s appointment was affected in the wake of the stroke of dismissals that hit several CEOs of parastatal agencies by President Akufo-Addo.
The government dismissed Mr Alfred Obeng Boateng as the Managing Director of the Bulk Oil Storage and Transport Company last week, and appointed Mr George Mensah Okley to take over from him.
This was contained in a letter signed by the Executive Secretary to the President, Nana Bediatuo Asante dated June 5, 2018.
In a letter of appreciation on Tuesday, 12 June 2018, Mr Boateng said he extends his “deepest and unqualified appreciation to his Excellency the President of the Republic, Nana Addo Danquah Akufo-Addo for offering me the opportunity to serve in his government until the restructuring took place”.
He said he is “available at all times” to offer his expertise whenever it is needed.
Meanwhile, the former BOST MD thanked his critics for strengthening him in all those challenging moments during his tenure.