Deputy Minister of Roads and Highways, Anthony Karbo, is not under any investigation by the police as far as the undercover work done by investigative journalist, Anas Aremeyaw Anas on the Ghana Football Association is concerned, his lawyer, Garry Nimako, has said.
The Police, he said, explained on Monday, 28 May, when Mr Karbo reported himself following the popping up of his name in the investigative work and subsequent invitation by the Police, that the Lawra MP was only a witness in the matter and not a suspect himself.
Mr Karbo was at the Criminal Investigations Department (CID) headquarters of the Ghana Police Service at about 10am in relation to the yet-to-be-aired exposé.
Editor-in-Chief of the New Crusading Guide, Abdul-Malik Kwaku Baako had revealed earlier that Mr Karbo was “mentioned” in the documentary.
However, it is not yet clear how he is connected to the ongoing saga. Mr Karbo is the second person invited by the police over the video.
Speaking on Ghana Yensom on Accra 100.5FM hosted by Chief Jerry Forson on Tuesday, 29 May, Mr Nimako said: “He was questioned about the tape and he also answered the questions to the best of his ability.
“The Police told him that he was only assisting in the investigations, he is not under any investigations himself, he is also not a suspect in any matter himself. He is only a witness assisting them or aiding them to investigate a case.”