Click to read all about coronavirus →
The Ghana National Fire Service (GNFS) has advised Ghanaians to stay safe in the face of the lockdown to prevent any form of fire outbreak in homes.
The Public Relations Officer (PRO) for the service DO2, Ellis Robertson Okoe said the general public to adhere to fire safety measures to prevent an outbreak.
He is also advocating that there should be no overloading of sockets, avoid high inflammable liquid, overheating of electrical equipment, and gas leakage.
The PRO also advised the public to properly extinguish smoking materials.
He said, "check on your electrical cords. If a cord is damaged in any way, replace it. Don’t overload your circuits. You should also turn off electrical appliances when not in use.”
He stressed the need for Ghanaians to stay safe, obey the stay home order to prevent the spread of the deadly coronavirus.
He was speaking on Nyankonton Mu Nsem on Rainbow Radio 87.5Fm.
Send your news stories to and via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.