General News of Fri, 3 Nov 201731
Meet DKD: The gay son of popular broadcaster KKD
Darkwah Kyei-Darkwah is suddenly the new buzz in the media scene, since he revealed his sexual orientation in a recent interview.
In an interview with intomore.com, Darkwah disclosed his struggle as he was growing up, trying to understand his sexuality and where he fit in in the world.
The son of ace broadcaster Kwasi Kyei-Darkwah (KKD) is now the subject of discussion across platforms, as his revelation has brought forth mixed reactions from the Ghanaian public.
It is a known fact that the topic of homosexuality is quite ‘dicey’ around these parts, however the KKD has stood firmly by his son and congratulated him on his courage to open about his life.
While much is known about his iconic master of ceremonies father, little is heard of about DKD (yes, we went there).
YEN found some interesting facts about the stylish Darkwah:
1. He is a model. Darkwah’s love for fashion also translates into a love for being in front of the camera.
He has modeled some classic pieces from notable fashion houses around the world.
2. He is a stylist and art director. DKD has handled a number of fashionable photoshoots and also works behind the scenes to bring up classic and stylish looks.
3. His fashion talents were noticed very early. Darkwah brought high fashion to the town of Hampstead, England, when he organised a fashion show for his high school.
He was featured on an online news portal.
4. He has worked with high level fashion brands such as Gabicci, Money Clothing, Ellesse and Nicce Clothing.
5. He is the fashion editor for Gay Times, which is possibly the biggest magazine of its kind in the world today.
Darkwah was announced as fashion editor for the widely successful magazine in June this year, a proud moment for him no doubt.