Click to read all about coronavirus →
The National Security has in an operation rescued the two Canadian women who were abducted at gunpoint by unknown assailants in Kumasi last week.
According to the Police, the rescue operation was carried out at Wednesday dawn, but it is not yet clear where the women were found.
The rescue operation follows an earlier reportage which indicated that Canadian authorities had sent men to assist in investigating the kidnapping.
They two were seized on Tuesday, June 6, outside their apartment in Ahodwo, Kumasi and bundled into a car, police report said.
Confirming the rescue of the two in a press statement, Information Minister Kojo Oppong Nkrumah noted that "Government continues to encourage the media and commentators to be circumspect in public commentary on security matters in order not to compromise other related operations".
He said efforts are being made to ensure similar incidents are successfully resolved.
Send your news stories to and via WhatsApp on +233 55 2699 625.